The videos, pictures and news reports have been unfathomable as Hurricane (now tropical storm) Harvey has devastated Houston and southeast Texas. As I write this, rainfall in some areas has topped 50”. We’ve been praying for Becky’s aunt and uncle who live in the greater Houston area and whose home was spared by the flooding.
Here are five things you can do to help:
- Continue to pray for those whose lives have been affected by Harvey, for first responders, and for disaster coordinators/servants in the Texas, Louisiana, Rio Texas and Central Texas Conferences of the UMC.
- Make relief kits and send to our relief-supply depot (http://www.umcor.org/UMCOR/Relief-Supplies/Relief-Supply-Kits/Cleaning).
- Give to UMCOR’s relief and recovery efforts: Make your check payable to St. Andrew’s UMC and write U.S. Disaster Response, Advance #901670 on the memo line or envelope.
- Donate only those items requested.
- Please wait for an invitation to come and give hands-on service.
When you give to UM Committee on Relief (UMCOR), 100% of your gift goes to relief and recovery efforts, because administrative costs are paid through faithful support of connectional giving. UMCOR provides immediate relief and stays throughout the long-term recovery. Thank you for blessing others in their time of need.
Grace and peace,